Tuesday, January 8, 2013

:0


I have no idea what to say on this thing tonight. I had yet another bad day but I’ll spare the details -__- As of right now, I’m currently listening to Miguel (oh what a beautiful voice) he puts me in trance. I honestly don’t know what I do without music, without any type of escape from the world. Funny thing though, isn’t music “of” the world, am I contradicting myself? Possibly, but I don’t care. Miguel, Wale, and Sade know exactly what to say to me when the time calls for it.
                                      -CHANGE OF SUBJECT- (My head is in a million places)
The season premier of one of my favorite shows came on tonight!! Pretty Little Liars.
                                                                -BACK TO REALITY-
I have no idea why I signed up for a 7AM math class, 3 DAYS A WEEK. I know, I’m insane, but I gotta tough it out. So I’m going to bed, sweet dreams…..

“Life without dreamin is life without meanin.” - Wale

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, Sade, a voice I haven't heard in too long. Last I remember was a road trip in 2000 with one of my former roommates to DC. No, you are not contradicting yourself! :) That is a very intelligent thought! It's what leads to books like Anger Is an Energy, a piece of scholarship about how Punk music (and similar music that expresses the emotions of people) serves as an outlet that allows them to feel like they've expressed that anger, say, in singing along at a concert instead of expressing the anger in a way that will change the situation. As I said, an intelligent thought - the beginnings of a sophisticated analysis. Why is it that students stop themselves when they begin thinking of something that is really thought-provoking? It's a question I have as a professor that I have yet to really answer.

    ReplyDelete